Wastewater Treatment Plant in Guiyang, Province of Guizhou
Guiyang is the capital of the Guizhou province in South China with a population of approx. 4 million. The project comprised the development of a new WWTP for the municipality of Baiyun (120’000 m3/d).
- Construction of the drainage system and the WWTP had to be coordinated in such a way that the WWTP could be put into operation in time.
- Measurements were made prior to commissioning in the receiving water course.
- In order to demonstrate the environmental benefit of this project, a monitoring system was set up with the Ministry of the Environment.
Services provided by SWISSWATER AG:
- Inspection and acceptance of deliveries by plant suppliers
- Securing progress of the project for the locally financed parts: concrete works for WWTP and sewerage system
- Development of a monitoring system for the receiving water course
- Training and know-how transfer for the SBR technology
- Reporting to SECO and the Swiss Embassy in Peking.